Tuesday August 21, 2018
Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 6-8pm
Santa Rosa, CA
Class size limited to 15
Price: $35.00 (plus PayPal Fee)
Women are powerful self-healers! And, herbs are the natural helpers of Women.
Women represent fertility, and reproduction. We protect the family, and humanity. We are closely aligned with Earth and her plants, and we change with the seasons as they do. In the spring we are like a young girl – everything new, in the summer like a woman – matured, in the fall a crone – wise in our ways, and in the winter we transition – to be reborn again in spring. We – our cycles, like Earth and her plants, represent the cycle of life.
This class will focus on that cycle of life, through natural plant wisdom, for a whole-woman approach to Women’s health. We will discuss the ways that plants and listening to our bodies & nature can keep us healthy, help prevent irregularities and assist us when they do arise.
This is a practical, informative class. There will be lots of discussion and questions/answers on herbal and nutritional tips that promote Women’s health. Come join in and continue to develop your herbal knowledge, learn how the natural rhythm of woman and the natural rhythm of Earth are interconnected – and how we can influence our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of Earth by tapping into it.
Some of the Topics we will cover include:
- Our Body Rhythm Basics – We will review the basics of what keeps our bodies healthy, the rhythms of our hormones and reproductive systems and how they work together to keep our bodies in sync and healthy. We will explore the sacred cycles of Earth and how nature and lunar cycles assist us in keeping our bodies healthy and strong.
- Menarche to Menopause- We will discuss the menstrual cycle, what is normal and what is not. How to rebalance when out of sync. We will review helpful herbs for common menstrual irregularities like fluid retention, heavy bleeding and pain. From PMS to Hot flashed we will cover plants that help to keep us healthy.
- Breast Health – We will talk about what plants help to support healthy breasts and lymphatic circulation and review common issues such as fibrocyctic breasts, breast pain and other conditions.
- Uterine Health- We will touch on common problems such as vaginal infections, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, urinary tract infections (UTIs), Fibroids and more as time allows.
- Nutritional Health – You will learn about the food herbs, high in nutritional value and how they can help with Iron Deficiency, Insomnia, Anxiety and so much more. We will review what plants hold the vitamin and minerals you need to stay healthy throughout life.
- Hair, Skin & Bone Care – Using herbal products to care for our hair, skin and bones is essential. Learn simple techniques to replace the toxin filled consumer products so common today with homemade organic products. We will discuss common underlying conditions and deficiencies that can cause problems with hair, skin and bones and how we can correct them through the use or, and connection to plants.
Since Birth Control, Pregnancy, Prevention of unplanned Pregnancies and some common fertility problems are all related to Women’s Health we may touch on these topics if they come up in discussion, however we won’t spend a lot of time on them as I teach classes specific to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy & Birth, Postpartum Care and the Newborn. If you are interested in these classes contact me for more information.
Babies and Children are always welcome in class!
Join Us! (directions given upon registration)
Cancellations prior to 72 hours before start of class, your class fee will be refunded less the associated transaction fees. Cancellations within 72 hours of the start of class will be credited toward the next class only. If you cannot make the next class, payment is forfeited. On occasion I will have to cancel a class, in that case a full refund will be provided.